Sage-ing Leader Certification Program
Over a 12 month period, the Sage-ing Leader Certification program provides participants with a thorough grounding in facilitation skills and the core concepts of Sage-ing (including Images of Aging, Life Review and Life Repair, Forgiveness, Facing Mortality and Creating Legacy). This prepares them to present Sage-ing events in their communities in a variety of formats (talks, classes, workshops, conferences, Wisdom Circles, etc.).
Components of the program include:
- Two weekend sessions led by senior Certified Sage-ing Leader (CSL) faculty (three days at the beginning of the year; two days at the completion of the program).
- Fifteen (15) hours of practicum, developing and facilitating workshops or classes.
- One-on-one practicum mentoring by a senior CSL throughout the year.
- Monthly Wisdom Circle via video-conference with CSL faculty and fellow Interns.
As part of the Certification program, participants receive:
- Copy of the Curriculum Resource Guide.
- Script, Resource Guide and other materials for Awakening the Sage Within: An Introductory Sage-ing Program.
- One-on-one Mentor guidance.
- Webinars on core topics led by senior Certified Sage-ing Leaders.
- Master copies of copyrighted materials for use in workshops.
- Sample flyers for programs.
Benefits of Certification:
In addition to mastering Sage-ing content and facilitation skills, program participants receive copyrighted materials to help them create, market and present programs, classes, and workshops. Each participant is assigned a Mentor to coach/give feedback on developing, marketing and presenting Sage-ing events during their Internship.
Persons who will benefit from Certification include:
- Adult Educators
- Clergy and Lay Leaders
- Social Service Professionals
- Health Care Professionals
- Counselors and Mental Health Professionals
- Senior Center Personnel
- Residential Community Leaders
- Anyone who wants to share the vision of Sage-ing in their community
- Anyone who wants to live as a Sage in the second half of life
Prior to the initial program weekend, participants are required to:
- Read From Age-ing to Sage-ing: A Revolutionary Approach to Growing Older by Zalman Schachter-Shalomi with Ron Miller (2014 edition).
- Attend one of the following Sage-ing® International programs: a Deepening the Sage Within Workshop, an Awakening the Sage Within: An Introductory Program
- Complete the exercises in the Sage-ing Workbook.
To apply for the Certification program, please
- Submit an application for the program.
- Participate in a telephone interview with the Certification Program Coordinator.
You may also find it helpful to read the Sage-ing Leader Certification Brochure
As is true for all healing practitioners, we must first apply “the practical work of translating theory into practice in the laboratory of our own life.” Sage-ing International faculty have concluded that the skills development, introspective inner work and the practice presentations required in the Certification program take about a year to complete.
For more information, contact the Sage-ing Leader Certification Program Coordinator: