“Deepening the Sage Within”
A Sage-ing ® International intensive workshop for the Pacific Northwest
Friday (5 pm) to Sunday (3:30 pm), June 22-24, 2018
Peace and Spirituality Center – 1663 Killarney Way – Bellevue, Washington
- Examine the myths of aging and affirm the potential of our elder years
- Look at the past through ‘life review’ and ‘life repair’ exercises tapping the wisdom of what we know already
- Explore how forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves
- Connect with our inner wisdom through growth techniques of psychology and spirituality
- Harvest wisdom and how to transmit it as a legacy to future generations
- Nourish ourselves physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and spiritually
- Create peace of mind with spiritual preparation for facing one’s mortality
- Identify ways to serve as mentors and healers in society
- Develop a vision of self as an elder
- Older adults and the lives they touch
- 50-something adults who wish to design their second & third stage of life
- Anyone interested in ‘conscious aging’
- Professionals and care-givers who work with elders
- Clergy, spiritual directors, social workers, hospice workers
- All people who are interested in exploring a new paradigm of the life cycle as described in Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi’s best-selling book, “From Age-ing to Sage-ing.” (Please read it before the workshop!)
Pat Lewis , a Certified Sage-ing Leader (CSL) since 2000, has led workshops and retreats for a variety of groups including other SI Intensives. An educator by background, Pat has worked with elders in a variety of ways for 30 years, particularly in the area of spirituality. She is a hospice volunteer and she has a business called “Age-ing with Wisdom®.” Pat is a founding member of Wider Horizons, a new Virtual Village .
Rees Robinson is a Certified Sage-ing Leader (CSL). She’s trained as a Heartwork End-of-Life Planning Group facilitator and as a Center for Courage and Renewal Soul of Aging facilitator. Rees volunteers with hospice and is a Spiritual Care Provider at Harborview Medical Center. She is currently studying spiritual direction as part of the Sacred Art of Living’s Anamcara Project.
The US-$275 fee includes workshop materials, lunches, snacks, and an abundance of
resources from Sage-ing International. Nearby lodging opportunities are easily available for participants from outside the area. Contact Pat if you are in need of suggestions (use button below) .
Registration deadline: May 31st