Sage-ing International offers a number of learning opportunities related to Sage-ing. The Events page has an extensive listing of Sage-ing programs, some sponsored by Sage-ing International and some presented independently by Sage-ing Leaders. These classes and resources can help you to learn about and to spread the principles and practices of sage-ing, an approach to living our lives, mid-age and beyond, with meaning and purpose. In Sage-ing the wisdom of our life experience is tapped and informs how we design a path for living the later chapters of our lives.
The principles and practices are based in part on Rabbi Zalman Schacter’s book From Age-ing to Sage-ing, and the workbook associated with the book.
If you want to become a “Sage” or a Wise Elder, we recommend the following:
- Read From Age-ing to Sage-ing and begin to do the exercises at the end of the book.
- Attend an Awakening the Sage Within program, an introduction to sage-ing offered by Certified Sage-ing Leaders.
- Attend a weekend Intensive program for a more in-depth exploration of the sage-ing principles and practices.
- Participate in a Wisdom Circle in your area focusing on issues related to conscious aging.
- Take a Sage-ing professional development program so you can facilitate Sage-ing workshops in your community.
We also invite you to join Sage-ing International. When you join, you will receive email bulletins from Sage-ing International, and you will be encouraged to join Chapters and Wisdom Circles in your area, or to help organize a Chapter or Circle if there is not yet one in your neighborhood. The Wisdom Circle Guide booklet will help you get started.
We partner with those aligned with positive aging, healthy aging, and conscious aging initiatives.