“Aging with Wisdom” A weekend Intensive Workshop in Auburn, CA
May 19 from 4:00 PM - May 21 from 2:00 PM| $478
We are pleased to offer this first Northern California Sage-ing Intensive Workshop (SIW) which will provide you with the opportunity to improve your last third of life – not by trying to pretend we are not growing older, but by recognizing the value we offer, and responding in practical, positive ways to the changes in our lives. In this workshop we will provides opportunities to harvest life experience leading to further growth. Our materials are not specific to any religious discipline, but enhance spiritual maturity for persons who embrace a humanistic practice or faith.
Participants will learn how to:
- Examine the myths of aging and affirm the potential of our elder years
- Look at the past through ‘life review’ and ‘life repair’ exercises tapping the wisdom of what we know now
- Explore how forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves
- Harvest our wisdom and how to transmit it as a legacy to future generations
- Connect with our inner wisdom through growth techniques of psychology and spirituality
- Nourish ourselves physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and spiritually
- Create peace of mind by doing medical, and spiritual preparation as a way of facing one’s mortality
- Identify ways to serve as mentors and healers in society
- Develop a vision of self as an Elder
Who will benefit:
- Older adults and the lives they touch
- 50-something adults who wish to design their second & third stage of life
- Anyone interested in ‘conscious aging’
- Professionals and care-givers who work with Elders
- Clergy, spiritual directors, social workers, and hospice workers
- All people who are interested in exploring a new paradigm of the life cycle as described in Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi’s book, From Age-ing to Sage-ing (available on Amazon.com). Please read before the workshop!
This workshop serves as a pre-requisite for the Certified Sage-ing® Leader (CSL) training program
Pat Lewis has been a certified Sage-ing leader since 2000 and has led many workshops and retreats for a variety of groups including other SI Intensives. An educator by background, Pat has worked with elders in a variety of ways for 30 years, particularly in the area of spirituality. She is also a hospice volunteer and she has a business called “Age-ing with Wisdom®” Pat is a founding member of Wider Horizons, a new Virtual Village.
Mary Anne Ingenthron has been a certified Sage-ing leader since 2013 and has facilitated over a dozen Sage-ing Workshops ranging from one day to six week sessions. She is also a trained Legacy Writing facilitator. She currently facilitates two Wisdom Circles in Davis, California. Her professional background is as an educator and arts council director. She is a trained Stephens Minister and has participated in an interfaith Spiritual Directors program. She loves being rewired through her Sage-ing and Legacy Writing work.
Workshop Dates & Times:
Friday, May 19 4 – 9 pm (includes dinner)
Saturday, May 20 7:30 – 6 pm (includes 3 meals)
Sunday, May 21 7:30 – 2pm (includes breakfast and lunch)
Course fee: $275 for first timers; $150 for repeaters
Housing & 6 meals: $195
Total: $478 first timers; $353 for repeaters
The Intensive will be limited to 16 people and is also limited to “resident” participants. Commuter option not available. The earlier you register, the more likely there will be a place for you. We take people on a first come first serve basis.