Who Are Elders
⇒ Elders are people demonstrating wisdom in its active state.
⇒Elders are a natural resource who liberate, heal and empower others.
⇒Elders access a balance of masculine and feminine energy in the psyche.
Elder’s Roles Include:
- Elders celebrate life by maintaining a sense of humor, taking care of themselves and taking pride in their good health.
- Elders harvest what they have sown over a long lifetime.
- Elders are a source of blessing.
- Elders initiate others and affirm them through unconditional positive regard.
- Elders are still learning, still growing.
- Elders have come to terms with their mortality.
- Elders share their long life experience by being accessible to the young.
- Elders are stewards, caretakers of both man and the Earth.
- Elders view all life as interconnected, as one.
Acquiring the skills for working on the inside by
- practicing journaling
- imaginal exercises
- spiritual intimacy, creating safe and sacred space with spiritual partners